The Destiny Knight Bonuses

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight
ssfsx17

The Destiny Knight Bonuses

Post by ssfsx17 »

This is what I have figured out about the bonuses so far:

1. The bonuses are given to the archmage who reforged the segments into one at the temple. Equipping the scepter itself doesn't seem to do much.

2. The archmage gains a permanent bonus to AC.

3. Critical hits will instead fully restore the Destiny Knight's health. In general, the archmage will have greatly increased luck compared to everyone else. I haven't tried seeing if the Destiny Knight will regain health upon dying by simply taking too much damage.

4. It seems that in the Lagoth Zanta battle, the idea is that the Destiny Knight is supposed to do that battle all by himself. It is quite impossible for anyone else to make it through that battle alive except by the Destiny Knight wasting his SPs bringing them back to life, or by spamming ZZGO.

5. Lagoth Zanta is clearly not aware of condition number 1. Otherwise, he would just give up and surrender to the Destiny Knight like he should.
"People are easily amused by quotes." - Some guy with a cool-sounding name
Marco

Re: The Destiny Knight Bonuses

Post by Marco »

ssfsx17 wrote:This is what I have figured out about the bonuses so far:

1. The bonuses are given to the archmage who reforged the segments into one at the temple. Equipping the scepter itself doesn't seem to do much.

2. The archmage gains a permanent bonus to AC.

3. Critical hits will instead fully restore the Destiny Knight's health. In general, the archmage will have greatly increased luck compared to everyone else. I haven't tried seeing if the Destiny Knight will regain health upon dying by simply taking too much damage.

4. It seems that in the Lagoth Zanta battle, the idea is that the Destiny Knight is supposed to do that battle all by himself. It is quite impossible for anyone else to make it through that battle alive except by the Destiny Knight wasting his SPs bringing them back to life, or by spamming ZZGO.

5. Lagoth Zanta is clearly not aware of condition number 1. Otherwise, he would just give up and surrender to the Destiny Knight like he should.
I wasn't aware of these bonuses. I will say, though, that the Lagoth Zanta battle is very survivable for other characters. I have done so with some very powerful ones I imported from Bard's Tale I -- no cheating, just many honest hours spent killing the Berserkers over and over and over and over and over.....

The extra characters are most useful for tossing TNT. It's better than having them pick off the Balder Guards one by one with the specter snare.

Marco.
Iyaesuyori

Destiny knight bonuses

Post by Iyaesuyori »

I also noticed after I reforged the scepter if your Destiny Knight is in melee he gets the maximum attacks like a highest level warriors. Very nice addition if you decide to go out soloing or with a mage only group, lol. Kind of silly though because you can easily just use your destiny rod and obliterate everything around you when it 'breathes'... but you can swing it 8 times and give 1 foe the smackdown.