Bardic Music

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
DiuCadit

Bardic Music

Post by DiuCadit »

I've completed this game before, but never with a Bard. The reason is that I do not understand how bardic music works. If I start singing while walking, the song seems to stop during combat. Is it in effect during the combat? If I start it during combat, it plays for only one round and stops. Is it working for the entire combat or just that round or just the next round? It is hard to tell if songs that effect damage, increase protection against magic, etc. are really working.
Darendor

Re: Bardic Music

Post by Darendor »

DiuCadit wrote:I've completed this game before, but never with a Bard. The reason is that I do not understand how bardic music works. If I start singing while walking, the song seems to stop during combat. Is it in effect during the combat? If I start it during combat, it plays for only one round and stops. Is it working for the entire combat or just that round or just the next round? It is hard to tell if songs that effect damage, increase protection against magic, etc. are really working.
The audio stops because the computer can't handle playing the sound and dealing with the combat encounter simultaneously. Believe me, the effects continue throughout combat.
DiuCadit

Post by DiuCadit »

Wow, looks like a lot of posts since my last visit a year or two ago! I did play thru the Xbox Bard's Tale. It's a pretty different game but I enjoyed it a lot!

Yeah soon after I posted this I did some experimenting in combat with unarmed characters. That confirmed what you posted in your reply. They last the whole combat even if the music stops playing after the first round.

A good place to test such things is in the Catacombs kind of off to the right of the entrance. There is a room that always has 9 Wights. Since it's the same monster type everytime it takes out a variable. (However there are probably better places since it's annoying if the Wights turn you old!)