Map problems in BT3

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale III: The Thief of Fate
Dexter Saw

Map problems in BT3

Post by Dexter Saw »

I was wondering if you could help. Im frustrated that all maps on the other sites don't show where the stairs to level 3 in the second level of dungeon is Skara Brae is! I found the words Chaos, now how do I go down to level 3? Please help Thanks

(This message was copied here from the guestbook by Brian the Fist)
Austrid

Re: Map problems in BT3

Post by Austrid »

Dexter Saw wrote:I was wondering if you could help. Im frustrated that all maps on the other sites don't show where the stairs to level 3 in the second level of dungeon is Skara Brae is! I found the words Chaos, now how do I go down to level 3? Please help Thanks

(This message was copied here from the guestbook by Brian the Fist)
Do you mean the catacombs/tunnels? If so, then there is no level three.
Go back to the entrance , and when the priest asks for a password, tell him "Chaos"

Now if you mean level 3 of Unter Brae, then it is in the eastern side, in the middle north/south on the map.

I'll try to find a link to the map for you if this is the case.
Austrid

Post by Austrid »

Go to the BT3 section here
http://www.bardstale.de
There is a section on maps. It's not entirely complete, and it's difficult to see, but hopefully it helps.

One of these days I'll dig through my storage and get all my maps out. They should still be in good condition, and if so I"ll put them onlind with a link. I've got them all somewhere.
(I never used the automap in BT3 since if you left a dungeon you had no way of knowing where you have already been.)
Marco

Post by Marco »

Austrid wrote:Go to the BT3 section here
There is a section on maps. It's not entirely complete, and it's difficult to see, but hopefully it helps.

One of these days I'll dig through my storage and get all my maps out. They should still be in good condition, and if so I"ll put them onlind with a link. I've got them all somewhere.
(I never used the automap in BT3 since if you left a dungeon you had no way of knowing where you have already been.)
I was lucky enough to download a complete set of BT3 maps, which included explanations and puzzle solutions, a couple years back from a site that's now been gone for some time. I'll be more than happy to send them to the webmaster, since currently it seems like there are no decent BT3 maps available anywhere on the 'net. The only thing missing from this set is "Tarjan's Dungeon", the 4th level of Malefia, which is the little mini-dungeon at the very end of the game.

It works out to be about 150 files (between maps and downloaded HTML pages), and 1.7 megs.

Marco.
ssfsx17

Post by ssfsx17 »

Perhaps in the meantime, you could upload a ZIP or RAR file to the many free file hosts out there? Those free file hosts can be quite annoying, but at least they work well enough for smaller files.
"People are easily amused by quotes." - Some guy with a cool-sounding name
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Post by Brian the Fist »

Marco wrote:
Austrid wrote:Go to the BT3 section here

I was lucky enough to download a complete set of BT3 maps, which included explanations and puzzle solutions, a couple years back from a site that's now been gone for some time. I'll be more than happy to send them to the webmaster, since currently it seems like there are no decent BT3 maps available anywhere on the 'net. The only thing missing from this set is "Tarjan's Dungeon", the 4th level of Malefia, which is the little mini-dungeon at the very end of the game.

It works out to be about 150 files (between maps and downloaded HTML pages), and 1.7 megs.

Marco.
Just send me any maps or other data you like me to upload here on this site. I will always be grateful for such kind of improvements. :wink:
The sudden scream of battle brings your party to a halt....
....will your stalwart band choose to fight or run?