character melee attacks

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight
Cj

character melee attacks

Post by Cj »

hey guys.

Been playing bt2 and so far so good.
But...
my hunter seems to have turned into a muppet. He was crit hittting around 1 in 3 to 1 in 2, but now he only crit hits around 1 in 10/20. Dont know what triggered this, but it seemed to be when he went to level 18. I thought it was fighting harder munsters but ive tested on the low level ones in the cities and same results as fighting in the better dungeons.
If anyone has any suggestions why this could be?
Does what weapon you use affect the crit hit rate?

And

My warrior seems pretty pathetic. his damage output is only around 50-70 while my monk with no weapons equiped gets 150-200 and above (same lvl). Ive tried him with a few weapons with not much difference, namely, kaels axe, admt sword, myth sword,axe,dagger, dayblade, hawkblade. Is this normal, are warriors this useless at higher levels compared to the monk?

I dropped him and cast in a wind hero who regularly hits for 400 plus. But i dont like relying on specials esp those that can be disbelieved and the wind hero seems to be the best one. and losing exp points i could be getting with a character in that slot.
Austrid

Post by Austrid »

As far as the Hunter goes, it is a percentage that goes up with each level. However, some monsters have a negative modifier on that percentage, so yes- the difficulty of the monster does have an effect on the crit rate. Don't worry though, just keep leveling up your hunter and soon it won't matter anymore.
As far as what triggered it, did you just start a new dungeon?

As far as monks- yes no one can match the damage output of a high level monk. They actually surpass warriors around 6th level. Don't ditch your warrior though... there are some weapons that can do fantastic damage but are only equippable by warriors. Just be patient and you'll eventually find a better weapon.