Map advice

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
Saxon1974

Map advice

Post by Saxon1974 »

I noticed in Bard's Tale I when your in a dungeon and you reach the edge of a map it moves you to the other side of the map. That makes it kind of hard to make the map! Any advice on how to know when you have moved past the edge of the map?

I know they are 22x22 but that doesn't much help if you dont know what square you started on.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Just cast a Scry Site spell (SCSI). It will show you where you are in the dungeon.
The entry stairs of the first level are always at 0N 0E, and position given by the spell is given from this point (for exemple, when you arrive at first level of the sewers (so after the wine cellar), you are 2 level below, 19N 7E from the entry stairs (in fact, from the entry stairs of the wine cellar)).

I hope it was clear.

Wyvern
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

Wyvern wrote:Just cast a Scry Site spell (SCSI). It will show you where you are in the dungeon.
The entry stairs of the first level are always at 0N 0E, and position given by the spell is given from this point (for exemple, when you arrive at first level of the sewers (so after the wine cellar), you are 2 level below, 19N 7E from the entry stairs (in fact, from the entry stairs of the wine cellar)).

I hope it was clear.

Wyvern
Yes sir, I overlooked that spell but then finally figured it out. Thanks for the response! Great game!