Dexterity affect run away ability?

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight
Saxon1974

Dexterity affect run away ability?

Post by Saxon1974 »

Im curious if anyone knows how the chance of success when running from an encounter is calculated.

When I first started playing I would be forced to fight quite a bit, but now my characters are about level 15 and all have dexterity of 18 and I can run away like 100% of the time.

Or I wonder if that has something to do with your level in relations to the area\monsters your encountering?
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Got Speedboots?
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

Nope, I assume thats a real item and your not joking? :roll:

I can run 100% of the time. I think there are a couple of issues with emulating the game in c64. The thing is early in the game with low level characters I couldnt always do that, but now I can. Seems like other versions are different.
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

Edit post:

Looked it up and I see speedboots are a real item, but no I dont have any.

All my chars have 18 dexterity, but seems like it would be hard not to get 18 for all attributes once you get to like 16th level.

Im only about level 2 in the Tombs though so maybe when I get into some harder places running will get tougher...I hope, dont want the game not working right...
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

Ok one more update.

I went into the Grey Crypt to test the run ability thinking it might be the parties level in relation to particular dungeon.

I was still able to run about 9 out of 10 times but I did at least have one time I had to fight in there.

So, I have no idea if its based on dexterity or average party level or what. Might be dexterity and the tougher dungeons monsters are harder to run from.