Corrupt Apple ][ Disc Images

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale III: The Thief of Fate
Marco

Corrupt Apple ][ Disc Images

Post by Marco »

I've been playing the Apple ][ version of Thief of Fate, but I am finding that many of the monster pictures are corrupt. They either show the generic picture of a warrior (which is clearly an inappropriate picture -- I have corroborated this by hunting down the same monsters in the PC version), or they show a completely garbled picture, like they do for Cyanis, the Rainbow Dragon, and a bunch of others.

I am playing disc images that I got off of www.virtualapple.org which I believe are identical to the ones available on the Asimov ftp archive. I have come across another archive of Apple ][ disc images that had a "fixed" version of the Dungeon A disc (the one that seems to have all the problems). However, this image seems to be the same one that's availabe in the usual places (the date under the file properties is identical).

So does anybody know of a pristine Apple ][ version of Bard's Tale III? This problem was actually the main impetus for me to dig up the C64 version and start playing that. Hopefully those images work the way they're supposed to.

Marco.
dragonbait

Post by dragonbait »

I tried using apple IIe disk images from virtual apple trying to get curse of the azure bonds to work but to no avail. an error when it comes to trying to save a newly created character. Virtual Apple does seem to have the largest collection of apple II images though. There is another site out there but they only let you download 3 images per day. I think its called picofactory. (if I remember correctly) pretty sure. Though I think maybe some of the files are identical to virtual apple since I've tried the files for curse from there too. But maybe they might have what you need.
dragonbait

apple IIe disk images

Post by dragonbait »

Marco

Post by Marco »

Thanks. I think that site may well be where I originally found that "fixed" disc image, though. But I'll give it a try and see what happends.

Marco.
Quantum Reality

Post by Quantum Reality »

Bugger. This is one of those times I wish I had kept my original floppy disks, since I could have dug out an Apple from somewhere and made up a set.

In fact, is there anyone out there who might be able to reconstruct "good" disk images?