8 Bit BTCS - Dungeon Setup Editor (progress & findings)

Any developer realated stuff
Darendor

8 Bit BTCS - Dungeon Setup Editor (progress & findings)

Post by Darendor »

As I try to get more preliminary work done on the dungeon setup editor module, I am discovering more weird things.

The reader I've developed has picked up a strange reading in the Wine Cellar (the laboratory rat of dungeons for purposes of development as it were). At 11N, 6E it claims stairs down and a trap are present, however in actuality nothing is there.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2273 ... f6e8ebb871
The disk image is "dungsetup.D64", and only has one file on it. Load it in and select the Wine Cellar.

You'll see a cyan block representing the Wine Cellar's "setup", i.e. a few @ symbols representing forced encounters, an "a" where the stairs up are, a "b" where the stairs down are, and other symbols indicating non-blank squares. At 11N, 6E, you'll see the "r" symbol, and if you cursor up to it it'll display "Trap!" and "Stairs DOWN".

Weirdness. :?
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Anyone ever end up playing with this?
tpth

Post by tpth »

No, but I will do. Sounds interesting. Maybe the stairs were originally there and got moved in a later design? Although 11N 6E is basically in the middle of nowhere, isn't it?
ZeroZero

Post by ZeroZero »

Lol, no, the first post is more than a year old. It was simply a bug in Darendors editor at that time, and it is all long fixed.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

I can't remember where the latest upload of the D64 disk image is. :?

But by all means, look around.