Hi guys - Question about Bonus

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight
DannyAIC

Hi guys - Question about Bonus

Post by DannyAIC »

Been playing this game since I was 8, but never finsihed it. going back and determined to win this time :lol:

My question is if I get all my characters up to level 11, then just raise my casters to level 13, and switch em to level 1 sorcerers, will I still get the bonus for beating the starter dungeon??
tpth

Post by tpth »

hmmm - was never entirely sure exactly how that bonus was applied, to be honest. Intuitively, I'd say you should get it in the circumstances you're describing, but you'll prob just have to try it and see.

I guess if worst comes to worst you could backup the character files for your spellcasters at level 11, then just save the game before the Dark Lord fight - if it turns out that your newly minted sorcerers do preclude you from getting the bonus, you could reload, APAR back out, and re-add in the level 11 versions of your spellcasters. Tedious, but still...
DannyAIC

Post by DannyAIC »

tpth wrote:hmmm - was never entirely sure exactly how that bonus was applied, to be honest. Intuitively, I'd say you should get it in the circumstances you're describing, but you'll prob just have to try it and see.

I guess if worst comes to worst you could backup the character files for your spellcasters at level 11, then just save the game before the Dark Lord fight - if it turns out that your newly minted sorcerers do preclude you from getting the bonus, you could reload, APAR back out, and re-add in the level 11 versions of your spellcasters. Tedious, but still...
True, but it's better than not gettign the bonus. 400,000....not too shabby inmo ;-).

It'd be sick if I could get the bonus for them as sorcerers...I'll have archmages in no time 8) :lol:
Mangar was here....
tpth

Post by tpth »

True dat. Let us know how you go with the sorcerers... I'd be interested to know.
DannyAIC

Post by DannyAIC »

Definitely, if I don't get around to it tonight probably in the next couple of weeks.
Mangar was here....
DannyAIC

Post by DannyAIC »

DannyAIC wrote:Definitely, if I don't get around to it tonight probably in the next couple of weeks.
Well what happened was my sorcerers gained no experience and my characters actually LOST exeirence to match the experience needed for level 13!!! eep, thank god for backup....
Mangar was here....
tpth

Post by tpth »

Wow. Thank god for the backup, indeed...