An ambitious project.

Discussions and help for the Bard's Tale Construction Set
misterhamtastic

An ambitious project.

Post by misterhamtastic »

I'd like to do a remake of the series as one game. I think I have worked out how to give one party access to all three stories, but on looking at btcs for Amiga, I don't see a way to implement the chronomancer or geomancer. Is this possible?

Also, what can I strip from the other games to use, and how do I do it, if it's not in the manual?
"Why can't I just stand back and throw rocks at the statue? Won't Tarjan show up?"

Hamtastic as a child
tpth

Post by tpth »

As I recall, BTCS only has a pretty limited capacity for monsters, items, spells etc. So you might find yourself constrained by its limitations on a project like this :-/
misterhamtastic

Post by misterhamtastic »

I heard something about btbuilder, would it be able to do what I want to do?
"Why can't I just stand back and throw rocks at the statue? Won't Tarjan show up?"

Hamtastic as a child
dulsi

Post by dulsi »

The goal of btbuilder is to be able to recreate the original games. The old Bard's Tale Construction Set had so many limitations that it is painful to use. Btbuilder is currently not complete. It has almost all the functionality of the BTCS player. It has no editor yet. If you have features you need let me know and I will put it higher on my list of things to do.