'13 trilogy playthrough

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
Elik's Instant Neelix

'13 trilogy playthrough

Post by Elik's Instant Neelix »

Hello, fellow adventurers! I began playing these games on the PC as a little kid in the 80s, and finally completed the first two in 2002. The third intimidated me too much at the time. Now that they've been released on phones and tablets I'm attempting to tackle the trilogy as a whole.

Fortunately, I still have the hardcopies of all the instruction manuals and cluebooks, as well as the codewheel.

I've been grinding my party for about a dozen hours and I have a question about the Sewers. I remember that it's the only way into Mangar's Tower, and that's its primary significance, but...

...until that point, is there anything I really need to get in there? Items that are either outright necessary or simply helpful? My memory fails me and I can't recall whether this is just a grinding zone like Dark Domain.
Carrying the banner of the '02 victories over Mangar and Lagoth
...you know you're next...
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Hi.

As far as I remember, the Sewers served the following purposes:
- to give the password to enter The Catacombs
- to give a way to get to Mangar's Tower
- to provide an answer to a later riddle

It's worth noting that once you get the Masterkey you don't need to use the Sewers to get into Mangar's anymore.
Elik's Instant Neelix

Post by Elik's Instant Neelix »

Thanks for the help!

It's on to the Catacombs, then, for more grinding... which I find relaxing (and it makes the more difficult encounters less stressful, as well). I remember there being an attributes cap but I don't recall having hit a level cap on my last go-around.
Carrying the banner of the '02 victories over Mangar and Lagoth
...you know you're next...
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

The attributes max out at 18.