Bard's Tale serie animated pictures (Amiga, Atari, PC)

Any developer realated stuff
Kroah

Bard's Tale serie animated pictures (Amiga, Atari, PC)

Post by Kroah »

Hello,

While working on the disassembling of the Bard's Tale serie (mainly the Amiga version), i came across your forum. Some people may be interested even if most posts concern the 8-bit version of the serie.

FYI, i've stopped this project because there isn't a common engine for the whole serie, losing my interest to port the engine (too much work to merge 4 games engine).

Anyway, i have at least decyphered the animated pictures of the 4 games for the 3 systems :
- Bard's Tale I : Tales of the Unknown (Amiga, Atari)
- Bard's Tale II : The Destiny Knight (Amiga)
- Bard's Tale III : Thief of Fate (Amiga)
- Bard's Tale Construction Set (Amiga, PC VGA)

Again, each version/system uses it's own compression/encryption algorithm.

I have written a tool "Bard's Tale Picture Viewer" to read and play the animated pictures :

You can browse the pictures in gif format on my website too. They have some limitations, so if you want the full animation, you should use the viewer.
Image Image Image Image

You can download the viewer with its C# source code here :
http://bringerp.free.fr/RE/

Have fun,
Kroah
dulsi

Post by dulsi »

You've got the BTCS animation file format deciphered. I would have liked that at one point. At this point Bt Builder has it's own images so I'm not too inclined to bother adding support for the BTCS files. Bt Builder is my reimplementation of the BTCS with the plan to expand it to support the other games. It is almost a complete implementation of BTCS and supports some things beyond BTCS.
Kroah

Post by Kroah »

dulsi wrote:You've got the BTCS animation file format deciphered. I would have liked that at one point. At this point Bt Builder has it's own images so I'm not too inclined to bother adding support for the BTCS files. Bt Builder is my reimplementation of the BTCS with the plan to expand it to support the other games. It is almost a complete implementation of BTCS and supports some things beyond BTCS.
I checked your work when i started working on Bard's Tale (especially the "util" folder).
You're doing a great job with your project. Thumbs up.
dragonbait

Post by dragonbait »

Wow. Awesome site Kroah! Bard's Tale, Alternate Reality, Legend of Faerghail, Phantasie

Lots of really cool stuff you got going on there. 8)