Trap issue with BTII on c64

Any developer realated stuff
Twoflower

Post by Twoflower »

That is some awesome progress here. :-) Great job, Drifting.
/Twoflower
Tinitus

Post by Tinitus »

Hello Everyone,

recently I played through Bard's Tale 1 on an original C64. It took some time since not using google and drawing all the maps for myself but one year and sixth months later I could finish it :)

Now I started Bard's Tale 2 with a fresh new party and I discovered this thread about the trap bug. Very interesting! Here are my discoveries:

My Setup: An orignal C64 with a VC-1541-II floppy. Original game from back in the days:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/c64/bards ... rId,22194/

1) It's true: My version has the bug trap in it. When I am walking over a trap a text message appears but no damage for the party. Chest traps after a battle do work however.

2) Many, many thanks to Drifting for his wonderful patch! I transferred his version to 5 1/4 Disks and it's working like a charm. The traps are causing damage and the chest traps after battle are dangerous like always :) ... I did not started a fresh party but used my party I played for 12 hours. So I could not reproduce the bug Saxon1974 discovered using an old party.

Thanks a lot Drifiting for your great contribution!

But it's really amazing that this important bug was just recently discovered. I am very excited to play through the 8-bit version for the first in my life without the trap bug!

I must admit I am already addicted to the charms of BT2 :)