solved already on the first game start on android

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale III: The Thief of Fate
mael15

solved already on the first game start on android

Post by mael15 »

hi everyone,
i want to play thief of fate on my galaxy s3 (android) and bought the latest bards tale game for 2,88 euros. it includes the old games, so thief of fate is playable alright. the thing is, all the dungeon maps are completely visible from the start and in the storange room, i find the mightiest magical items like the belt (crown?) of truth.
when starting the game after a fresh install, i get the option of loading the last save game and it is right before the end battle with tarjan. but even if i uninstall, delete the game folder, reinstall and NOT load this save game, at least the dungeon map of the first dungeon und the temple in skara brae is completely visible when entering it for the first time.
i wrote to inxile entertainment but got no answer in five days. has anyone solved this problem? maybe i can delete a certain file and the game is competely in a fresh start without magical items in the storage room and visible dungeon maps?
thanx!
caars

Post by caars »

I can't speak for the other versions, but I know the android version is a port of the apple II game. And in the original apple II game all of the catacombs and a large part of the tunnels were always already automapped for you. Once you get to Unterbrae and beyond that stops, IIFC. So you're not seeing anything unusual. It was always that way, at least in my experience.

Now all of the dimension relics being in the storage room, THAT wasn't the way it was ... And, yes, I have that in my droid copy too. Not happy about it, but its not like you can't just ignore them and play the game mostly as intended.
mael15

Post by mael15 »

thank you for your response!
i suspect that if the relics are the store room, other parts of the game are altered already. i.e. certain enemies killed already, all the one time events triggered (if there are any, i do not remember). sure i can walk around and enjoy the dungeons, but mapping and discovering everything for the first time was part of the fun for me.
:(