Plan to develop a BT style game

Any developer realated stuff
MazinKaesar

Plan to develop a BT style game

Post by MazinKaesar »

Hi all, I want to try to develop a game like Bard's Tale/Dragon Wars. To start I want to study some already existend interfaces (in C, C++ language). Can anyone succest me an already existent game engime?
ZeroZero

Post by ZeroZero »

Try this here...

Also some guys are developing a BT style game for the C64, but that won't be C/C++/C#.

The most critical task in such a game would be the balance of char values and battles, i. e. battle mechanics, race and class modifiers on char values and exp rates given out.
MazinKaesar

Post by MazinKaesar »

I think I will use C as I'm a C programmer - really in my new job I am progressively dropping programming :cry:

I think my game will run on very nerdish (or geeky, if you prefer) operative systems like AROS, Amiga OS4 and MorphOS :wink:
dulsi

Post by dulsi »

My btbuilder project is the most complete open source Bard's Tale like engine that I know of. It implements nearly everything in the BTCS. It has primitive editors so you don't have to code C++. The code could be better. If you want new features you can ask or code them up. It uses a few libraries but they may be available for the platforms you are interested in. Right now it runs on Linux and Windows.
MazinKaesar

Post by MazinKaesar »

I need some training but I hope to start soon, if I can find some free time... :wink: