Emulator Help

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
Hamburglar Time

Emulator Help

Post by Hamburglar Time »

Perhaps this is the wrong message board for this but..

I am using the MESSUI emulator to play Bard's Tale 1. I bought the GOG.com version then copy and pasted the two disk files to play on the emulator. I beat the first game fine, transferred the characters to BT2 for GOG.com then copied and pasted for the emulator again. This did not work! Both of my disk files and both games for both systems have no characters on the disk. The only record of me playing the game is in my save states in the emulator. My characters and all of their equipment exist in the save state but not on the disk. When I go to the guild, I remove my party to save them. When I try add them, it says there are no characters on the disk. WTF?

I have tried to create a new disk image from the save states which at first successfully save but when I hard reset to make them the disks..I get an internal error and MESSUI resets.

Both in the GOG and EMULATOR, I have no characters for either BT1 or BT2. Frown.

This is how I originally transferred characters: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Bard%27s_Tale[/url]
ZeroZero

Post by ZeroZero »

Maybe your emu has a buffered mode for disk access. If so, find the option and switch to "always save instantly" or something like that.