modding / balancing original BTs

Any developer realated stuff
elodman

modding / balancing original BTs

Post by elodman »

ave (though this seems to be totally superfluous in this great "brotherhood" forum)

any mods exist for any original BT? I think mostly of 8-bit ver., as 16-bit GFX is "off-theme" for me.
(Heard about an altered BT with some kind of extra dungeon levels, and apple 2 mapper,....but they're not gathered / listed in a thread. )

Would anyone balance anything in any BT, and is it realizable easily eg. by modifying a file? I'd change some rules/variables only, at first...

In BT1 I dislike
- high level spellcasters / archmages having so much HP. That should be fighter's traits. (that can be manually amended by char editors, methinks)
- Also, most monsters can be wiped with a single horn blow / spell
- also, would enhance rouges skills somehow.

thanx
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

I released a "mod" for the C64 version of BTI back during Christmas of 2012...
dulsi

Post by dulsi »

Bt Builder is slowly gaining features of the original games. While it uses nicer graphics, there is no reason you have to. I've thought it might be fun to do a version entirely with graphics done with crayons.
drifting

Post by drifting »

dulsi wrote:Bt Builder is slowly gaining features of the original games. While it uses nicer graphics, there is no reason you have to. I've thought it might be fun to do a version entirely with graphics done with crayons.
ASCII art would be interesting.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Or perhaps you could accept image submissions from kindergarten classes.
elodman

Post by elodman »

Saint ones,

the abundance of relevant information here and in general is astonishing.
Modders, disassemblers, you r on the right route to holiness, so never try to grab a few minutes and help someone!

The one reading this and most other topics might feel it is a gathering of ex-Cern, or NASA associates with the "kindfulness" and helpfulness of peaceful, hermit buddhist monks (- who allowed flow of science and arguing unlike western preachers, inquisitors, peadophiles).

No these are not ex-SETI programmer's meeting place but that of prehistoric ones, dwelling in a comfortable indifference and sometimes arrogance. Yes you are not to be charged / blamed, coz you were born, it is not your "mistake", we descendants can blame only our parents' replicators and evolution for our being here, and if we are to make this travel on our common spaceship - also called Earth - tolerable or even fun.

But thou, whose beliefs are divine, should also doubt it. Why would any god help you when you pray to him like "help me shoot that pilot / find a parking place / cure him".
Why would your interest take 1st priority instead of others, causing someone else damage, etc?

it is always a relief to leave this House of Lords.
dulsi

Post by dulsi »

BT1 with 4 extra dungeons by Darendor

There are other threads here with the information people have decoded from the binaries. Look around and ask questions if you want to understand something. People probably aren't going to just line up behind you just because you want to fix some things in BT1. I'm attempting to fix the BT1 as well. I'm just building a new engine.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

elodman wrote:Saint ones,

the abundance of relevant information here and in general is astonishing.
Modders, disassemblers, you r on the right route to holiness, so never try to grab a few minutes and help someone!

The one reading this and most other topics might feel it is a gathering of ex-Cern, or NASA associates with the "kindfulness" and helpfulness of peaceful, hermit buddhist monks (- who allowed flow of science and arguing unlike western preachers, inquisitors, peadophiles).

No these are not ex-SETI programmer's meeting place but that of prehistoric ones, dwelling in a comfortable indifference and sometimes arrogance. Yes you are not to be charged / blamed, coz you were born, it is not your "mistake", we descendants can blame only our parents' replicators and evolution for our being here, and if we are to make this travel on our common spaceship - also called Earth - tolerable or even fun.

But thou, whose beliefs are divine, should also doubt it. Why would any god help you when you pray to him like "help me shoot that pilot / find a parking place / cure him".
Why would your interest take 1st priority instead of others, causing someone else damage, etc?

it is always a relief to leave this House of Lords.

This post appears to be completely irrelevent to the topic. If you want to post a topic about existentialism, do so in the Off-Topic subforum.

Otherwise, keep your posts relevent to the threads you post on, please.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

As an afterthought, I've locked this thread up.

elodman, your last post appears to be a subtle jab at the users of this forum in general. Whether you think you're being philosophical or are just drunk, I can't tell.

In any case, I'd like to strongly recommend your future posts be coherent and relevent.