Save function

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight
DeCasale

Save function

Post by DeCasale »

Hello, how does the save function work in dungeons? Can I quit a game outside the guild without loosing my gold?
drifting

Re: Save function

Post by drifting »

DeCasale wrote:Hello, how does the save function work in dungeons? Can I quit a game outside the guild without loosing my gold?
The save game function writes all of the information that the game needs to return to the current state at save time. Party order, character data, location, (x,y), spell durations, etc.

When you restore your game, your party will have all of the gold that it had when you saved. However, if you Add a Character, that character will not have the gold from the saved game.
DeCasale

Post by DeCasale »

drifting wrote:
DeCasale wrote:Hello, how does the save function work in dungeons? Can I quit a game outside the guild without loosing my gold?
The save game function writes all of the information that the game needs to return to the current state at save time. Party order, character data, location, (x,y), spell durations, etc.

When you restore your game, your party will have all of the gold that it had when you saved. However, if you Add a Character, that character will not have the gold from the saved game.
Thank you!
DeCasale

Post by DeCasale »

drifting wrote:

Which is btw a bit confusing to me, because the C64-Version in my childhood had no save-everywhere-feature, what was really hard sometimes. Obviously a feature which came along on DOS (and Apple).