BT1 on IPAD

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
Toll

BT1 on IPAD

Post by Toll »

Just discovered the latest update for bard tale a quest for coin and cleavage now has a BT1 option. They have BT2 and BT3 coming soon. I have done the update and it looks like it is based on the Dos version.

I have had a look for the iPhone but the screen is too small. iPad looks good though.

I will give an update when I have investigated.

Toll
Rask

Post by Rask »

I bought the iPad version of the Bard's Tale when I read on Toucharcade.com that they were going to add the original trilogy to the game for free. Honestly, it is the best $5 I've ever spent! I'm enjoying the heck out of BT1 on the iPad.

It took me a while to get used to using the touch interface with BT1, but now it feels pretty natural. An yes, it is the DOS version, which is the only downside, since I'd hoped it would be the Macintosh version.

Also, I've found the 2005 action RPG game to be pretty hilarious as well. That one plays excellently on the iPad using the virtual control sticks.

I'm using it on an iPad 2, and both games play very well. I don't think it works on an iPhone.
tpth

Post by tpth »

Wow. When and if I get an iPad, this'll quite possibly be the first thing I buy.
Toll

Post by Toll »

Confirmed it all works on the IPhone. Screen is to small though for it to be a good experience.

Toll
Toddhitch

Ipad version with a direct link to this site

Post by Toddhitch »

There is an icon as you are playing that links directly to this site. It is really a great feature. It goes directly to the TotU directory for all the links for the game. Someone knew what they were doing.
Zono

Into the Future - from C64 to iPad

Post by Zono »

Great - i was missing the Game since my good old C64 (actually a C128 but i always ran it in C64 Mode) died a few years back...

Just curious - are there any cheats for the iPad version? I used to have an empty disk for the shop (which at 64 times resulted in all items available).

I loved the game. It nearly killed my exams :)

Cheers
Toddhitch

Post by Toddhitch »

I haven't found any cheats so far. Other than creating multiple characters for gold. But that isn't really a cheat per se.