A "FAQ" Database?

Type all Adventurers' Guild website and board related stuff here
Darendor

A "FAQ" Database?

Post by Darendor »

Well, I got to thinking.

No, wait, come back.:?

Seriously, we've all played these games from across the various platforms that they've been released on. Each port seems to have its own inherent "quirks" (read: bugs) and whatnot, and I thought it might be interesting to compile a kind of master database outlining each and every single computer system the games were ever made for.

For instance, in Bard's Tale II for the C64, the dungeon traps don't function whatsoever. This could be noted in the entry for that particular game for that particular computer system. And so on.

Thoughts?
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Well I for one thought this idea would have caught on with at least a few people...
rakenan

Post by rakenan »

Darendor wrote:Well I for one thought this idea would have caught on with at least a few people...
I only check these forums maybe once a week, and that's only when I'm actively playing one of the games. They're just too slow to be worth checking more often than that.

I think it would be a good idea to get a list of differences between the versions. I was testing character creation a while back, and C64, Apple IIgs, and PC have radically different stat score generation, at least for BT1. I think I may have my notes somewhere. . .
tpth

Post by tpth »

Sounds like a fine idea to me.