iPad Version Save ?

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
jpslaughter

iPad Version Save ?

Post by jpslaughter »

Question, on the iPad version whats the best way to save your game. Ive saved my party but if the game has to load back up from the start It want start from by last saved party. on the left side on keyboard screen, I have a ?, map symbol, and a file disk. if I click the file disk it goes to a screen that says Slot 5 Drive 1, and Slot 5 Drive 2, but nothing happens.

Any suggestions?
Jeff Slaughter
Elik's Instant Neelix

Post by Elik's Instant Neelix »

When you return to the Adventurer's Guild, hit R to remove your party and save it to disk. It saves automatically when you remove your party. Then you can just exit the game as normal.

Similar to the original Bard's Tale, you can't save by any method other than this, as far as I know.

Clicking on the disk icons doesn't accomplish anything, near as I can tell.
Carrying the banner of the '02 victories over Mangar and Lagoth
...you know you're next...
jpslaughter

Post by jpslaughter »

Thanks unfortunately I just played for about 10 hours up 3 levels to level 9 and open it today and everything was gone I have worked on. I only went to save party didn't remove members. I'm so frustrated now, not even sure I want to continue. But thanks for your help! if I start back up I make sure I remove my party next time.

Thanks!
Jeff Slaughter
Elik's Instant Neelix

Post by Elik's Instant Neelix »

"Save Party" means to save the format of your party (the characters and the order they're in) to a name (e.g., ADVENTURERS). Then when you want to start your game quickly you go into Add Member and then click on ADVENTURERS instead of each character separately. It does nothing to actually write anything to memory.

So, yeah, it's cruel of them to call it that.
Carrying the banner of the '02 victories over Mangar and Lagoth
...you know you're next...