Fire Horn Question

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
jpslaughter

Fire Horn Question

Post by jpslaughter »

My Bard has been using his Fire Horn and out of nowhere it disappears.

Does anyone know why or how to prevent this from happening. Its a pretty powerful weapon and I don't want to lose it right now.

Thanks!
Jeff Slaughter
tpth

Post by tpth »

Limited use items have a chance of disappearing with every use. In BT2 and BT3 you can see how many charges they have left, but in BT1 I believe it's just a percentage chance - so sometimes a Fire Horn will last for ages, and sometimes you're just unlucky and it disappears after a couple of uses. Ideally you want to have your bard carrying a couple of them for exactly this reason (or, failing that, a backup of the bard who came with *ATEAM who you can swap in long enough to steal his Fire Horn. Again.)
ZeroZero

Post by ZeroZero »

For BT1 on the CBM64 the chance for degradable items is 1/64 per use. It can last forever or vanish on first use, depending on your luck for that 1 in 64 chance.
jpslaughter

Post by jpslaughter »

I'm playing on the iPad. I saw a post that said if you sell the item to Garth's Store and buy it back it will be recharged. Do you know if this is true?
Jeff Slaughter
ZeroZero

Post by ZeroZero »

I dunno for the iPad version, if BT1 and you don't see any charges, there are no charges
Only the 1 in 64 chance
tpth

Post by tpth »

ZeroZero, just for reference, the iPad version is basically the PC version as far as I can see.
Elik's Instant Neelix

Post by Elik's Instant Neelix »

I lost my Flame Horn to grinding because of this when I would have preferred to save it for Mangar.

Note to self (and you): If you pick up a Flame Horn (way better than a Fire Horn), save it for the Tower!
Carrying the banner of the '02 victories over Mangar and Lagoth
...you know you're next...