Groceries for $75

Anything you like and probably not related to Bard's Tale
Darendor

Groceries for $75

Post by Darendor »

Was wondering if anyone here could come up with a simple grocery budget for $75, to feed two adults and two cats for as long as possible.

Neither one of us is excellent at cooking.

Thanks.
Ankie

Post by Ankie »

When you say "neither one of us is excellent at cooking" are you referring to the adults or the cats?
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

I tried to teach the cats to cook, but they were less than enthusiastic about it.

Attempts to teach them to drive were met with similar results. :shock:
Maven

Post by Maven »

Darendor

Post by Darendor »

As of May 2013, Soylent has been tested by Rhinehart himself and by a handful of volunteers as well as individuals recreating the substance independently at home.[5][13] Modifications to the ingredient list have occurred in response to results incurred in testing, for example: the first version of the formula omitted iron, which caused Rhineheart to report his heart had begun to race.[8] In other early experiments, intentionally induced overdoses of potassium and magnesium gave Rhinehart cardiac arrhythmia and burning sensations.[8] After the early recipe had stabilized, Rhinehart found himself suffering from joint pain due to a sulfur deficiency. Methylsulfonylmethane was added to address this problem.[8][12]

Soylent in its present form may lack some nutrients essential for normal body functioning and/or may fail to provide nutrients in appropriate proportions, potentially causing medical problems if used long-term.[4] The fundamental basis of the assumptions made by Soylent are disputed; with focus on the fact that, because digestion is a complex phenomenon and there is not a simple linear relationship between nutrient ingestion and nutrient absorption, many factors contribute to nutrient absorption in the human body.[14]

With respect to the suitability of the product for general consumption, homemade Soylent is made without the kinds of regulatory safeguards and fine-tunings followed when making accepted artificial diets such as medical food.[1]
I suspect you may be attempting to kill me.
ZeroZero

Post by ZeroZero »

Have you tried "extreme couponing"?
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

I have not. What is that?
Ankie

Post by Ankie »

It is a spell cast in battle at the supermarket, available only to an Archmage who having defeated the 3 old ladies, 2 young mum's with screaming babies and 1 youth with a fake id for his beer cans in the queue at checkout, said Archmage may cast EXCO and in his treasure chest will find 2 coupons for 10p off margarine, 1 coupon for a free packet of denture cleansers, buy one get one free on bumper packs of nappies and a chewing gum wrapper, 'tis not a substitute for a balanced diet.. 8)
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Crap, I must find this Supermarket on the city map...if I can even find a city map for Red Deer...
Ankie

Post by Ankie »

All jokes aside I can offer you some excellent budget recipies. How about a toad in the hole, all you need is a pack of sausages, a packet of batter mix and some bisto gravy, dinner for around £3 and the cats will be happy with the leftover gravy.. x