Discovery Mission - BTIII

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale III: The Thief of Fate
Darendor

Discovery Mission - BTIII

Post by Darendor »

Well I'm about to fire up #3 just to see if there's anything to explore that we haven't explored before.

I know that in BTI and II there are some inaccessable areas in dungeons, I wonder if that's the case with the third installment as well.

Well, we're goin' exploring. 8)
jrodman

Post by jrodman »

Where's the post about inaccessible areas of BT1? I sure *thought* i went everwhere, but I know I got lazy by Mangar 5 and just wanted the game to be over.

I had to be fairly persistent with phase door and apport arcane, of course, but I don't think that's what you meant.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Well there's a certain area of Harkyn's Level 2 that is inaccessable, as well as a teleport on Mangar's Level 1 that has a teleport trap that prevents access.

Basically, I was curious as to whether there were any unexplored dungeon (or city) areas in the third game as well.
jrodman

Post by jrodman »

In Harkyns 2, do you mean the little region behind the teleporter in the southeast part of the map (with the .. inverted E shape of dead ends? I believe I found you could phasedoor in from one of the sides, I think the east?

Mangar's 1 I think you mean the "fake endless corridor" that teleports you one south if you step one north at 2N 8E? You can definitely phase door in behind there.

But definitely both of these areas aren't accessible without phase door or apport arcane. Just walking wont' get you in there.

In any event, I was on the Amiga version so it could easily be different in the 8bit.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

The 8-bit versions of the game differ wildly from the other ports, due in no small part to the carelessness of the coders who did the porting. :roll:

I've only ever bothered with (and only ever will) with the C64 versions of the game.