Board Moderator

Type all Adventurers' Guild website and board related stuff here
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Board Moderator

Post by Brian the Fist »

Seems that this board is without moderator again. Darendor resigned from his function as mod last weekend and therefore this function is vacant again.

All of you, who do you think would be a good moderator for this board? Please make suggestions in this thread and I will think about granting mod powers them. Would it make sense to give mod powers to different users based on forums/subforums? Or should there be general moderators for the whole discussion board?
The sudden scream of battle brings your party to a halt....
....will your stalwart band choose to fight or run?
Flanimal

Post by Flanimal »

Who do I think would be a good moderator for this board?
My answer would be Darendor.
Methuselas

Post by Methuselas »

Flanimal wrote:Who do I think would be a good moderator for this board?

Um, no. I'm not one for airing dirty laundry, but no, he's not. Now that we can post on here, I'd say Drifting.

Speaking of, Brian, is there any way to recover the BTBuilder thread, or has it been permanently deleted?
"Using No Way as Way; Having No Limitation As Limitation". - Bruce Lee.

BTBuilder Stuff - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
dulsi

Post by dulsi »

I'm willing to be a moderator if you need one.

I'm assuming the Bt Builder thread is gone but if it can be recovered that would be nice.
Methuselas

Post by Methuselas »

dulsi wrote:I'm willing to be a moderator if you need one.

I'm assuming the Bt Builder thread is gone but if it can be recovered that would be nice.
w

I can stand behind this one, as well. I didn't mention you, though 'cos I wasn't sure you wanted the responsibility.

dulsi

Post by dulsi »

Methuselas wrote:I can stand behind this one, as well. I didn't mention you, though 'cos I wasn't sure you wanted the responsibility.
I don't want the responsibility but I'm willing to do so if needed. I don't generally think there is a huge amount of moderation needed here.
drifting

Post by drifting »

dulsi wrote:
Methuselas wrote:I can stand behind this one, as well. I didn't mention you, though 'cos I wasn't sure you wanted the responsibility.
I don't want the responsibility but I'm willing to do so if needed. I don't generally think there is a huge amount of moderation needed here.
Nah. Just the occasional spammer is about it.
Methuselas

Post by Methuselas »

I'm more concerned with getting the BTBuilder thread back, assuming we can. :(

caars

Post by caars »

I'm good with dulsi as well; just had more interaction with him. But if Methuselas is also behind drifting, I certainly don't object to him either.
caars

Post by caars »

Methuselas wrote:I'm more concerned with getting the BTBuilder thread back, assuming we can. :(
I certainly hope against all odds that we can, but I've braced myself for the likely reality that it's gone ... I suspect Brian would have restored it by now. But I might be wrong.

Nothing stopping us from starting a new one though! If it comes to that! I've already got some testing results to post :)

And now I'll shut up. This is kind of off topic for this thread...
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Post by Brian the Fist »

Methuselas wrote:
Flanimal wrote:Who do I think would be a good moderator for this board?

Um, no. I'm not one for airing dirty laundry, but no, he's not. Now that we can post on here, I'd say Drifting.

Speaking of, Brian, is there any way to recover the BTBuilder thread, or has it been permanently deleted?
Sorry to say, but this thread seems to be lost permanently. There is no option like a recycle bin in Windows. Deleting something in the board really means permanently destroying it. :-(
Methuselas

Post by Methuselas »

Brian the Fist wrote: Sorry to say, but this thread seems to be lost permanently. There is no option like a recycle bin in Windows. Deleting something in the board really means permanently destroying it. :-(

I figured as much. I was hoping that you may have set the site to do backups. I guess it's also safe to assume all my posts, he deleted are gone, as well...... :evil:

Flanimal

Post by Flanimal »

Methuselas wrote:
Brian the Fist wrote: Sorry to say, but this thread seems to be lost permanently. There is no option like a recycle bin in Windows. Deleting something in the board really means permanently destroying it. :-(

I figured as much. I was hoping that you may have set the site to do backups. I guess it's also safe to assume all my posts, he deleted are gone, as well...... :evil:
Computers stored previously viewed web pages in cache files. If you have viewed the pages in the past then you may be able to retrieve the contents. Googling "cached web pages recover" may help you recover the deleted thread.
caars

Post by caars »

I've been having some success recovering random pages from the thread. But it's tedious and slow, and I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it.

Apologies, but I just don't have the kind of time to devote to it that I'd need - especially when I suspect some of the most important data we can just repost to a new thread.

That said, I am trying to make an effort to save any pages I do manage to recover. Which isn't much...
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Re: Board Moderator

Post by Brian the Fist »

I agree that moderation may not absolutely be necessary in this board. However, I would need to rely on you somehow, e. g. informing me about bots and other spam which needs to be removed.