City of Builders Extended

Discussions and help for the Bard's Tale Construction Set
sombunall

City of Builders Extended

Post by sombunall »

I wanted to provide an easier dungeon for level 1 players to train in while leaving the final boss level untouched.

This module will only work on BT Builder but I feel I have to post it here. If the mods want they could move it if it is in the wrong place. So anyways here is the latest changelog. Builder City Extended is built upon work by Dennis.

Code: Select all

v1.0
-fixed bugs in the encounters
-rebalanced probabilities for monsters, treasure chests
-fixed spelling mistake with sleep note
-rebalanced level 0 encounters for some more variety in numbers

first release of Builder City Extended
v0.8 beta
-new items, spells, monsters
-most spells have been replaced by BT1 spells made by caars! The whole list is populated
-added sewers, a level 0 dungeon to help prepare the player for the final boss. watch out for the swift wolves and a secret weapon you can find to help defeat the final boss. Be careful going past the sleeping monsters sign. the entrance is at the eastern tip of the city
-updated final boss to show true appearance
-lamp times usable has been fixed (was like a torch)
-some very minor polishing on stuff I did in city of builders since release of BUILDER.xml v2.1

here is the changes from before Builder City Extended existed:

city of builders changelog
==========================

v2.1 (modified with 0.4.7):
-stopped the "press any key to continue" message for welcome messages
-added a text clear event to clean up welcome messages
-made priests in temple less greedy and heal in smaller amounts
-added a different message for wine option in tavern
-made it so you don't have to kill the lizards over and over again
-fixed bugs with statue so it can only be repaired once
-added an example 1 time encounter to the city

Attachments
bce_v100.zip
Builder City Extended v1.0
(23.74 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
sombunall

Re: City of Builders Extended

Post by sombunall »

Made it to v1.0. Seems I fixed a lot of bugs and I'm comfortable with the module now having playtested the whole thing.

v1.0
-fixed bugs in the encounters
-rebalanced probabilities for monsters, treasure chests
-fixed spelling mistake with sleep note
-rebalanced level 0 encounters for some more variety in numbers
dulsi

Post by dulsi »

The sample games are a little embarrassing. I keep meaning to do more work on them. I'll try to check out your changes when I can.
sombunall

Post by sombunall »

dulsi wrote:The sample games are a little embarrassing. I keep meaning to do more work on them. I'll try to check out your changes when I can.
I was afraid of stepping on your toes. Your map was ok it just needed some balancing.

...and how can you be expected to be superman? Btbuilder is a remarkable piece of work and has so much potential compared to say Dungeon Craft and Runesword 2. Dungeon Craft is limited to windows on an old Microsoft Visual C++ compiler from the windows 98 days and Runesword 2 is stuck on Visual Basic and crashes too much. I think btbuilder has the chance to reach Wesnoth - like awesomeness. :mrgreen:

I told myself I wouldn't gush :oops: but I'm starting to admire you and I think others should pay more attention to btbuilder. That 15 years of hard work really counted. I may report lots of bugs with the latest version but there arn't really any show stoppers (at least not in sample2 / BCE). The game is FUN TO PLAY AND EDIT. PERIOD. So a grreat round of applause for Dulsi. 8)

but I digress...
sombunall

Post by sombunall »

I thought I should mention that scripters should be looking at caars' currently unfinished Relis Nublar module until I make betters scripts for my map. He handles things like traps and treasures with more skill than my V100 module (hint: use counters!). Easier to read and work with.