Bardcraft!

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
toper

Bardcraft!

Post by toper »

My kid asked if I would make a dungeon for her in Minecraft. I asked what kind she said "I dunno... Just a classic dungeon."

Challenge accepted

The floor is 8100 squares (90x90 for the outter dimensions)... All thats left is to slap a roof on it.

Welcome to the wine celler of the Scarlet Bard!
My Bardstale Trilogy long play series: Pixel Hunter Play's BardsTale Trilogy
Flanimal

Re: Bardcraft!

Post by Flanimal »

Surprised that nobody else has replied. I think it's awesome.
caars

Post by caars »

Wow! That *is* awesome! I can't believe I didn't notice this before!
Modules for BT Builder (still very much works in progress):
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

That's pretty neat.

But I think you should have gone for a slightly more challenging dungeon, like say, Kylearan's Tower. Or maybe the 3rd floor of Oscon's Fortress.
Flanimal

Post by Flanimal »

Darendor wrote:That's pretty neat.

But I think you should have gone for a slightly more challenging dungeon, like say, Kylearan's Tower. Or maybe the 3rd floor of Oscon's Fortress.
Ah, finally a Kylearan's Tower that you can walk though. Hell yeah.

I'd to see a Minecraft Scara Brae, but I wouldn't want to wish that much work on anyone!

Great to see you back Darendor. You were the first to welcome be when I joined the forum, so it pleases me to return the the sentiment.
dulsi

Post by dulsi »

Nice. I should try that with my son. (It would be minetest not minecraft but they are very similar.)
drifting

Post by drifting »

Having trouble figuring out how to implement a spinner in Minecraft. Looks great though!
Flanimal

Post by Flanimal »

drifting wrote:Having trouble figuring out how to implement a spinner in Minecraft. Looks great though!
Ice?
DMan

Post by DMan »

Flanimal wrote:
Darendor wrote:That's pretty neat.

Ah, finally a Kylearan's Tower that you can walk though. Hell yeah.

I'd to see a Minecraft Scara Brae, but I wouldn't want to wish that much work on anyone!

Great to see you back Darendor. You were the first to welcome be when I joined the forum, so it pleases me to return the the sentiment.
Quality stuff! :D

I don't actually think a Minecraft Skara Brae would be too time consuming to achieve with some python scripting to clone the houses (rather than building each one from scratch!)

I did start looking at building a whole Bard's Tale in Minecraft, but got too sucked into modding blocks rather than building. I want a version of BT where Kylearan's Tower actually has yellow walls - it IS an amber tower after all :?

May try to revisit that one day, but got waylaid by other projects so haven't dabbled with MineCraft for ages now...