Loader Woes

Any developer realated stuff
Darendor

Loader Woes

Post by Darendor »

So I've been talking back and forth with Webber G about relocating the Bard's Tale II loader subroutine(s) in order to make a native editor system for the C64 version.

As he is much more smarterer than I am, he has figured out that there's 2 loader thingys - one for the computer, and one for the disk drive.

Does anyone here know how to extract the disk drive loader and what have you?

:shock:
Twoflower

Re: Loader Woes

Post by Twoflower »

To clear things up a little (necropost, but anyway):

* The C64 loader (Pirateslayer) is one loader consisting of two parts, the C64 side loaderroutine and the disk-side loader-routine. In its initializaton phase, the C64 side loaderroutine uploads the disk-side loaderroutine to the diskdrive. When started, normal disk-communication shuts down and is replaced by exclusive communication between the C64-side loaderroutine and the disk-side loaderroutine.

Thing is, you don't need it once you have the files. Once the files are extracted / decloaked you only need to work with those files. Pirateslayer is a loader and a protection that you should aim to get rid of.
/Twoflower
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

You make it sound so simple, but I find it hard to comprehend.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Is it possible to use $DD00 and $DD02 to read from the game disks, by any chance?