Maps for Bard's Tale

Type all Adventurers' Guild website and board related stuff here
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Maps for Bard's Tale

Post by Brian the Fist »

Does anybody of you still have some maps for the original Bard's Tale trilogy (probably hand-made and many years old)?

If so, do not hesitate to send me your scans/files. I will publish them on the Adventurers' Guild as soon as I can.
The sudden scream of battle brings your party to a halt....
....will your stalwart band choose to fight or run?
Molten Man

Post by Molten Man »

I have quite a few, some in better shape than others. I was thinking about doing a nice graphic layout somehow, but I don't think I'll have time for a while. I might send you some scans in the meantime. I have a few things that most of the other maps don't have, like the locations of many of the fixed encounters in BT1.

The ones I really need to do something cool and graphical with are the maps of BT3. I'm currently working off a heavily marked-up official clue book, which never had the most accurate maps to begin with.

Do you remember an old BT site called the Bard's Tale Archive? It has since gone offline, but it had pretty much the best maps I've ever seen. They used a tan parchment-like pattern as a background. If anyone has any idea where those could still be found, they would be the best ones to have.
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Post by Brian the Fist »

Molten Man wrote:I might send you some scans in the meantime. I have a few things that most of the other maps don't have, like the locations of many of the fixed encounters in BT1.
I would be especially happy if you would send them to me. :lol:
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Post by Brian the Fist »

Molten Man wrote:Do you remember an old BT site called the Bard's Tale Archive? It has since gone offline, but it had pretty much the best maps I've ever seen. They used a tan parchment-like pattern as a background. If anyone has any idea where those could still be found, they would be the best ones to have.
Yes, I know that site.

I will try to contact its webmaster. Probably I am able to persuade him to send me the maps you mentioned above. :wink:
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Post by Brian the Fist »

Zack - the webmaster of the Bard's Tale Archive - just promised me to send me all content of his former site (which had closed down due to copyright reasons by the time the new Bard's Tale game was released).

Hip-Hip-Hooray!!! :D :D
Molten Man

Post by Molten Man »

Cool. Just be careful that you don't end up with the same copyright problems.

I am going to send you a mostly-complete items list for BT3, including the capabilities of each item (approximate damage, special ability, AC bonus, etc.) and approximately where to find them.
Molten Man

Post by Molten Man »

Here is a link to the file containing the BT3 item list:

http://www.siliconwolf.com/bt3_items.xls

It should be relatively accurate for the DOS and Apple 2 versions. I haven't played the others, so I can't verify its accuracy for them.
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Post by Brian the Fist »

Molten Man wrote:Here is a link to the file containing the BT3 item list:

http://www.siliconwolf.com/bt3_items.xls

It should be relatively accurate for the DOS and Apple 2 versions. I haven't played the others, so I can't verify its accuracy for them.
Thank you very much! The list has just been added to the BT3 documents section.
MattCruikshank

nice list!

Post by MattCruikshank »

Wow, that's a really nice item list! Thanks!