List of Weapons

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
Wizax

List of Weapons

Post by Wizax »

Hi
Does anyone have a list of weapons and their damage/speed?
I need a way to figure out if a Halbard is better than a Mthr Sword or Mthr Axe is better than ???

Thx in advance!!!

/Wizax
Austrid

Post by Austrid »

They're all about the same..

However, some classes can't use a halberd, so give them the sword.
Some can't use axes, etc.

Check this list for who can use what and so on
http://bardstale.brotherhood.de/talefil ... -Items.pdf

I can't find a list for damage, but the more something costs, the better damage it does. At higher levels it doesn't really matter anymore. Once your fighters get 6 attacks they'll kill just about anything in one hit, and hunters insta-kill just about everything they hit. What you need to keep an eye out for is weapons that have a special feature.
Wizax

Thanks!

Post by Wizax »

I just have a problem getting my fighters (Warrior and Paladin) to deal enough damage esp. when withered... :-(

How do I get the Lak's Lyre to cast the GRRE?

Thanks again!!
Chaney

Weapons and withered

Post by Chaney »

As far as withered, the effect is to make you old, and therefore, it doesn't matter what weapon you have. None will do much damage. As far as getting the Lyre to cast GRRE, you need to select the use command, scroll down to the Lyre and hit enter. That goes for any item with an effect to it. In the early going, none of the weapons is especially great. I found one way to figure out better weapons is to go to Garth's and try to sell them. The one that he offers more for is the one that is better. When you get withered in the early part of the game, the only solution is to go to the temple and have them make you young again. Hope this helps.
When in doubt, kick your neighbors dog!