Instructions for running Bard's Tale I using the Power64 emulator on an iMac (I am using an Intel-based iMac - but I think it works for Power PC iMacs too):
1. Open Power64
2. Devices > Disk Drive #8 > Insert Floppy Disk > Select Floppy Disk
3. Double Click on "The Bard's Tale (Boot Disk).d64"
(This opens the disk directory with the Boot Disk)
4. Double Click on "BARD'S TALE I" PRG
5. Wait for the introduction screen to load and then hit 'ENTER'
6. You will be at the main screen with the text "Insert CHARACTER disk and press a key"
7. Devices > Disk Drive #8 > Insert Floppy Disk > Select Floppy Disk
8. Double Click on "The Bard's Tale (Character Disk).d64"
(This opens the disk directory for the Character Disk)
9. Click ONCE on the 'Bard's Tale' main window so it is the active window and press any key to begin. (In other words, make sure the Character Disk window is not selected when you "press any key")
You should now see the "UTILITIES" Menu to start the game.
Hit "S" to Start.
This has been posted here by Brian the Fist.
Discussions about running Bard's Tale under an emulator
1 post • Page 1 of 1