The Bard's Tale Novels

Type all Adventurers' Guild website and board related stuff here
Saxon1974

The Bard's Tale Novels

Post by Saxon1974 »

Has anyone read any of them?

I recently started re-playing Bard's Tale I on a C64 emulator so I decided to start reading the Novel called "A Fortress of Frost and Fire" that says it's set in the Bard's Tale Universe mad popular by the the games. So far im only about 80 pages or so into it and I don't recall any similarities between the book and the game\games.

Does anyone know if anything in the books relates to the games? Cities? Any characters etc?

Is just having a Bard in Novels the only similarity?
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Post by Brian the Fist »

Sorry, but I never read any of these novels.
The sudden scream of battle brings your party to a halt....
....will your stalwart band choose to fight or run?
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

Ok, well I will read at least the first one and let you know if there are any similarities to the games.
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

I finished reading A Fortress of Frost and Fire and I wouldn't say they have anything to do with the Bard's Tale game. It appears that it was just a tricky way to sell some books back when the game were still popular.

The only similarity is the story has a bard in it that has magic in his playing ability. None of the characters, places etc....do I recall from the games. Interesting that it says the book is set in the Bard's Tale world made popular since I didn't recognize a thing about it.

Anyway, if your thinking of reading because they have something relating to the game, I would suggest passing.
dragonbait

Post by dragonbait »

there was a Bard's Tale book called Castle of Deception that I read a long time ago, but I don't remember it really having anything to do with Mangar and Skara Brae. It was interesting, but not great.
Twoflower

Post by Twoflower »

I actually found and bought "The Bard's Tale - Castle of Deception", by Mercedes Lackey & Josepha Sherman some weeks ago. Some elements seems to be picked from the games, but not many.
/Twoflower