Spider Statue

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
Saxon1974

Spider Statue

Post by Saxon1974 »

In level 1 of the sewers I found a statue of a spider. When I choose to search it it said I was being attacked by 1 "Spinner". Was that a typo in the game? Was it supposed to read attacked by 1 "spider"?

What was the purpose of the statue? Will I find out later in the game or is it just eye candy?
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

In fact, I finished the game and still wondering what was the purpose of this specific statue. Maybe it was just for background purpose : a strange cult in the sewers, proof of the dark influence of Mangar's presence.

Besides that, I don't think it was a typo. You can encounter spiders also, and many other spinners later in the game. Spinners are poisonous, and spiders aren't. I think spinners are just a particular type of spiders, like black widows.
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

Wyvern wrote:In fact, I finished the game and still wondering what was the purpose of this specific statue. Maybe it was just for background purpose : a strange cult in the sewers, proof of the dark influence of Mangar's presence.

Besides that, I don't think it was a typo. You can encounter spiders also, and many other spinners later in the game. Spinners are poisonous, and spiders aren't. I think spinners are just a particular type of spiders, like black widows.
Well If I find out what the statue is for I will let you know. I realized later that a spinner is a type of spider. I just started on level 3 of the sewers, so I will come back with some more thoughts later.
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

IF your playing BT1 you might not want to read this as its kind of a spoiler

but

I found the mad god's burial preperation chamber in the catacombs. I was excited when I found it thinking I would find something cool like a special weapon or something quest related but it just says its the burial chamber and that's pretty much it. That's a bit dissapointing. I have to remember as great as this game is, it was made in 1985 after all.