Armor Class

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
Kitten

Armor Class

Post by Kitten »

Hi,

I´d like to know if an AC of "L0" (= -10) - of a program-internal point of view - really is the lowest possible AC a character can get. I know that concerning the display it can´t get any lower, but a character can equip stuff that would result in an AC far lower than that.
The reason why I´m asking is because at least the BT2-manual (but actually NOT in BT1) claims that a character could reach an armor class value far below the game displays: the (BT2-)manual quotes at page 64: "[...]eventually all the way to L+ (the equivalent of -21 armor class). Once your character´s AC reaches L+, the display doesn´t change even though the armor class may continue to go lower than -21."
Does BT1 handle this question the same way? So, once a BT1-character has reached an AC of L0, would he gain more AC-improvement by equipping more or better armors or would he better leave the slots open for loot?

Greeting,

Frank

(excuse my bad english ^^)
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

Hm, seems that this forum is temporarily abandoned^^. Never mind, I completed BT1 and switched to BT2 today, so the problem is not of urgent importance anymore, at least not for me. But maybe upcoming adventurers would like to see the question answered, so if you know it, please give a statement.
Chaney

Post by Chaney »

It is the same in BT1, though I found that you seem to get hit about the same once you get past -7 anyways
When in doubt, kick your neighbors dog!