Apple IIGS - Destiny Knight

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight
dragonbait

Apple IIGS - Destiny Knight

Post by dragonbait »

The Apple IIGS version I think is the best version overall. It's got probably the best graphics and sound, you can save anywhere, + use an automap. Sure I guess you could say to get the most out of the games you need to draw your own maps but I just get too lazy for that. :lol:
Check out some of these images...

Last edited by dragonbait on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

I agree dragonbait. While I have a soft spot for the C64 version, it could be that they were the first I played but I also like the dark look of that version, I think the PC and amiga version are a bit too bright looking.

However, overall yes I think this version is the best.

-Best graphics
-Best sounds, including ambient sounds not included in other versions
-Auto Map
-Speed

Im glad I tried it out since its what Im playing through now since I couldn't get the C64 to work correctly.
Horpner

Post by Horpner »

I like the 16-bit versions of The Destiny Knight quite a bit. The ][GS screenshots look awesome! I'm glad that the goofy-looking, over-saturated drawings from 16-bit Tales of the Unknown were not brought along, although I understand some people preferred that look, and miss it in the last two games.
Death and drek? WTF?
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

This version in the puzzle rooms there is a ticking clock sound, kind of add to the intensity.
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

The Automap is nice, but it isn't really all that usefull since it doesn't remember anything you have explored once you leave the dungeon and come back its all wiped clean again :cry:
Van Slaylin

Re: Apple IIGS - Destiny Knight

Post by Van Slaylin »

dragonbait wrote:The Apple IIGS version I think is the best version overall. It's got probably the best graphics and sound, you can save anywhere, + use an automap. Sure I guess you could say to get the most out of the games you need to draw your own maps but I just get too lazy for that. :lol:
You got my vote. I've loved the IIGS graphics and think they still look good today...Awesome!!!
Quantum Reality

Post by Quantum Reality »

Wow. Sweet! I didn't know the //gs had this good a set of graphics for BT2. Now I wish I'd HAD the //gs versions when I had my //gs :D
wefuntw

Post by wefuntw »

Saxon1974 wrote:The Automap is nice, but it isn't really all that usefull since it doesn't remember anything you have explored once you leave the dungeon and come back its all wiped clean again :cry:
Oh, it's now 2012, just use a digital camera or screen capture software to "remember" the automaps, hurray~