The Tombs Level 2 - "Something ahead..."

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight
Darendor

The Tombs Level 2 - "Something ahead..."

Post by Darendor »

In the tombs on the 2nd level, there is a 10x10 room at 19N, 1E that is completely walled off. Since the level is shielded from APAR/PHDO and there's no portals down or up from levels 1 or 3 (that I know of at least), there appears to be no way inside.

However, my SOSI registers a "Something ahead..." square. This means it's either a hitpoint leech zone or a magic poitn leech zone or possibly a regeneration zone.

Anyone ever manage to get in there? I'm curious.
Horpner

Post by Horpner »

There are, according to my map, five inaccessible squares in that section of the maze. Nice job on noticing the "something odd..." inside that one. I didn't notice it. It looks like another unsolved mystery!
Death and drek? WTF?
Marco

Post by Marco »

I noticed that years ago. I've never been able to get into that square. However, it presumably doesn't contain anything other than a HP or MP leech zone, since a message or special encounter would have been flagged as "something special".

Marco.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Still, I sometimes wish I could hack into the dungeon code and change whatever byte that tells the game that the dungeon level is APAR/PHDO proof to "no" just so I can go on a recon mission... :shock:
Horpner

Post by Horpner »

I've not doubt we can figure out how to do that given enough time and determination. At least on one version of the game. I'm working myself up to staring at the assembly code.
Death and drek? WTF?
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

This square is a hit-point leech zone. It deals 4 hitpoints to each party member.
tpth

Post by tpth »

Another mystery solved. Bravo.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

While we're at it, were there any other inaccessable areas in BTII that bear exploring?