Death Knights of Krynn

Anything you like and probably not related to Bard's Tale
Darendor

Death Knights of Krynn

Post by Darendor »

This game frustrates me.

I can't (R)un from encounters, there's no Speedboots, and I have to rememorize spells all the time. It takes me hours to move 5 feet. :?

I'm stuck in some village looking for a whore. Or a boar.
Horpner

Post by Horpner »

Which version are you playing? I only ever played it on the Amiga, and never had much trouble. There are a few tough combats, but you shouldn't be having that much trouble with it.

What's in your party? Do you have the Adventurers Journal handy?
Death and drek? WTF?
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Horpner wrote:Which version are you playing? I only ever played it on the Amiga, and never had much trouble. There are a few tough combats, but you shouldn't be having that much trouble with it.

What's in your party? Do you have the Adventurers Journal handy?
The Commodore 64, what else?

My party is a Knight, a Fighter, a Thief, a Cleric/White Robe, a White Robe, and a Cleric.
ssfsx17

Post by ssfsx17 »

The Krynn games use AD&D, do they not? Most games based on AD&D 1e/2e are quite easy when you know how to game the system.
"People are easily amused by quotes." - Some guy with a cool-sounding name
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

ssfsx17 wrote:The Krynn games use AD&D, do they not? Most games based on AD&D 1e/2e are quite easy when you know how to game the system.
Screw it, I deleted it. A horrible, horrible game.
Horpner

Post by Horpner »

Wait... I thought you had written Champions of Krynn. I love that game. But Death Knights of Krynn sucks. Good riddance!
Death and drek? WTF?
dragonbait

Post by dragonbait »

I liked all of the gold box series. A lot of fun to play. The Dark Queen of Krynn is the only one I haven't played all the way through. Mostly played the DOS versions.
Chaney

Post by Chaney »

Loved all of the gold box games-just different feel the bards tale.
When in doubt, kick your neighbors dog!
Horpner

Post by Horpner »

The AD&D system just gets worse as you level up. That means, for me, that I like Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and Champions of Krynn best of the Gold Box games. Unfortunately, Pool and Curse have a terrible spell-memorizing system, so I can't bear to play them any more. Death Knights is just a really annoying game--the last time I tried it, with some characters transfered in from Champions, I got disgusted in the first city, just like Darendor. I confess I can't remember exactly why, though.
Death and drek? WTF?
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Horpner wrote:The AD&D system just gets worse as you level up. That means, for me, that I like Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and Champions of Krynn best of the Gold Box games. Unfortunately, Pool and Curse have a terrible spell-memorizing system, so I can't bear to play them any more. Death Knights is just a really annoying game--the last time I tried it, with some characters transfered in from Champions, I got disgusted in the first city, just like Darendor. I confess I can't remember exactly why, though.

Right.

"Okay, let's move forward 1 square - oh...'A PATROL SPOTS YOU.'"...
[20 minutes of combat]
"Okay, ENCAMP and FIX and remem- 'YOUR REST IS RUDELY INTERRUPTED!'"...another fight...uh oh, no spells this tim- what do you mean we're ALL DEAD?!?!?!

Yeah. $%&^U that.