Pool of Radiance

Anything you like and probably not related to Bard's Tale
Darendor

Pool of Radiance

Post by Darendor »

Playing Pool of Radiance while my mind ponders my program issues...

This game brings back memories.
dragonbait

Re: Pool of Radiance

Post by dragonbait »

Good old PoR. Never gets old no matter how many times you play it. Hey if you haven't already played past Cardorna's Textile House yet you might want to try this.....
Marrec wrote:Control of 7th Party Member

I remember playing Pool of Radiance over and over again when it first came out. During those (old) days I remember finding a work-around to control a 7th party member during the game. This may already be known, but will post the details for this here.

Basically you need to go and find an NPC called "Skullcrusher". He can be found at the Cadorna Textile House, at location 2,15. The trick is to bring him back to Phlan without returning the Cadorna family treasure, otherwise he leaves the party. In addition, he must return with zero experience points, so that you can go to the training hall and maxx out his stats! After modifying his stats, then he needs to be leveled up. The problem is though, often he will run away from battle, so you need to cast hold person on him so that he gains the experience points to level up. I found that after getting him to a high enough level, he no longer runs from battle and you can actually control him as a 7th player in the game.

This is really more of a novelty of the game, since you really do not need a 7th party member. But it is an interesting alternative to playing the game.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has had success in doing this...

Thanks!
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

I've just taken the gate into the final castle area or something so that's a little late for me.

Look out Tyranthraxus, I'ma coming to get you. :shock: :?