Buck Rogers

Anything you like and probably not related to Bard's Tale
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Buck Rogers

Post by Brian the Fist »

Anyone of you also played the Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday RPG from SSI?
The sudden scream of battle brings your party to a halt....
....will your stalwart band choose to fight or run?
Horpner

Post by Horpner »

I hadn't heard of it until today. The only non-D&D SSI adventures I tried were Shard of Spring and Demon's Winter. I guess I was never that interested in the more Sci-fi style games.
Death and drek? WTF?
dragonbait

Post by dragonbait »

I've played part of Countdown to Doomsday. Never got around to finishing it though. It's a tough game. A bit difficult to get used to if your used to playing the Forgotten Realms series. New stuff to learn, alien races, new classes, and a whole lot of weapons.
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Post by Brian the Fist »

Horpner wrote:I hadn't heard of it until today. The only non-D&D SSI adventures I tried were Shard of Spring and Demon's Winter. I guess I was never that interested in the more Sci-fi style games.
I played Demon's Winter, too. This was indeed one of the first games I played on the C64 (following BT).
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Post by Brian the Fist »

dragonbait wrote:I've played part of Countdown to Doomsday. Never got around to finishing it though. It's a tough game. A bit difficult to get used to if your used to playing the Forgotten Realms series. New stuff to learn, alien races, new classes, and a whole lot of weapons.
I liked the rocket launchers and plasma throwers most. ^^
remma

Post by remma »

I played Buck Rogers back in the day on the C64 (I think, might have been the amiga however) it was pretty good, SSI did some nice ones back then.
Questron and Phantasie were two of amy all-time faves. Though think my favourite rpg of all time was one called "the magic candle" from Mindcraft, something of an ultima clone but very well done