I need a thief!

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale III: The Thief of Fate
Marco

I need a thief!

Post by Marco »

....for the C64 version. It's a pain to build one up from scratch. I've already had to do that for the PC version, and again for Apple II. I'm not up to it again. Somebody have a powerful thief I can "borrow"? Preferably without any quest flags triggered, so I can walk around with him and still see all the special monster encounters.

Yes, I'm working on a Bard's Tale III Creature Catalogue. Have to do it on the C64, since my beloved Apple II disc images are corrupt. The going is slow, since the poor wimpy rogue keeps dropping dead. :roll:

Marco.
WolverineDK

Post by WolverineDK »

Actually, you can always make a "powerteam" of 6 characters, and then make the 7. character a rouge (I hope it is that one you can make into a thief), and then you go down and kill Brilhasti . Then the little low level person is level 36, when you meet up at the place where you can get levels for your XP(leaderboard ?). Since it works in the C64 version, and it also works in the PC version. perhaps you can call it a bug, but it sure works. But I have no idea, if it is a known bug, but a friend of mine has used the bug loads of times. Both on his C64 version and his dos version. Oh by the way isn't it called the Brilhasti bug/exploit ?
storrs19

Post by storrs19 »

I don't suppose you have one from BT1 or BT2 you can transfer in do you? I never did as Rouges were useless in the first two Bard's Tales. I'm still working on The Destiny Knight on the Amiga right now so I will have this problem when I get to Thief of Fate.
Death and Drek
WolverineDK

Post by WolverineDK »

storrs19:
But the Brilhasti exploit bug/exploit is a known thing for making a character level 36 before you go the leaderboard ?
storrs19

Post by storrs19 »

Yes it is. I had not played Thief of Fate in so long I forgot. I will play it in DOS as the Amiga version seems very buggy and none of my front four is doing any damage. I "leveled up" my characters to about 20th level and they are doing some serious damage with some good weapons in the DOS version so I will play it. Right now though I am still working on The Destiny Knight which I am playing in the Amiga emulator and have just finished off Oscon. Now on to The Crypt.
Death and Drek
Marco

Post by Marco »

Well, it's moot, since I've worked my rogue up to about level 50 or 60 or so. But the Brilhasti trick did not appear to work with him (he was only about level 10 or 15 or so when my more powerful characters dragged him along to kill that guy).

Marco.
WolverineDK

Post by WolverineDK »

Marco: take a pantsy ass rouge (lowest level) and make a power team , and then go down to Brilhasti before you go to the review board. Then maybe you can get it to happen. Since neither I or my mate are lying about it. So could it be, your rouge dies before Brilhasti is dead or what ? or is the thief a class of its own ? so you choose from the very start to class a thief ? damn it has been a while since I played the game.