8 Bit BTCS -- Where'd Everyone Go?

Discussions and help for the Bard's Tale Construction Set
Darendor

8 Bit BTCS -- Where'd Everyone Go?

Post by Darendor »

I just thought I'd stop in and ask where the people I was working on the 8 Bit BTCS project vanished to?

Horpner was apparently abducted by aliens...Twofinger and ZeroZero have also vanished. :?

Where are you guys?
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

I'm looking to pick this project up sometime in the next few weeks or so.

I have to examine the dungeon editor I wrote though first and try to remember just how I built it. :?

Anyone want to help?
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

For that matter, is there anyone out there interested in crafting adventures using the BTI engine for the C64 system?
dragonbait

Post by dragonbait »

I'm interested. Though I'm afraid I can't be much help as I have 0 exp. in c64 coding.
Twoflower

Post by Twoflower »

Knowledge of coding isn't really needed, unless you wish to create special events that differ much from the original events. Crafting a new adventure would be quite easy if you dive into the pool of info which me and ZeroZero managed to create.

Perhaps we should try to sum our efforts up and make a PDF document which gives away the structure. I have toyed around with the idea to make a clone of Swords and Serpents on the C-64, but got stuck at the monsters and to limit the players to 4.
/Twoflower
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

That'd be fantabulous.
tpth

Post by tpth »

Ditto. Definitely interested but not a lot of use I'm afraid.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

I was recently given a bit of a lecture at length about how "futile" making a Bard's Tale Construction Set for the Commodore 64 system is.

My response that I wish to make public for all is: I don't give a shit.

I liked the Bard's Tale series as a kid. And as a teen. And as an adult, I still do.

I remember being about 12 years old, and scrawling on a piece of scrap paper a note in crayon asking Interplay to make a sort of "construction set" so that we could make our own adventures. I mailed it in.

I don't know dick about 6502 Assembly Language. I have a hard time grasping some of the concepts that Twoflower and ZeroZero and others have tossed around on this forum. But I have EVERYTHING copied into a Notepad file and when I have time I go over it. I do know CBM BASIC fairly well, but anyone following along on my dungeon level editor will know I struggled hard with the disk access routines.

I'm a second-rate C64 programmer and I know it. But I at least have the drive and the desire to make something happen....because it's a passion I have.

So don't fucking lecture me about how it's "futile". Either you want to help or you don't.
WolverineDK

Post by WolverineDK »

Darendor: you fucking rock dude, so keep it up mate.