Weird Temple Problem

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
Bluey

Weird Temple Problem

Post by Bluey »

So hey everyone, joined just yesterday because I figured you guys might be able to figure out this wacky problem I'm having.

I have a Bard's Tale 1 character disk in d64 format. I picked it because it was the only one I've found that hasn't (seemingly) been hacked and doesn't have a Garth's Shop full of high-level items waiting to be bought. I've been wanting to start BT1 all over, from the very beginning, with nothing but six level-one characters and my wits.

I finally found a disk with nothing in the shop besides the starting items and some characters I deleted off and replaced with new ones. However, now something is wrong and whenever I go to the temple and get healing, I get an error that the CPU halts at the address $fe66.

It doesn't do that on any other character disk; just this one and copies of this one. The temple seems to be the only thing that's broken, too. And it does this in both CCS64 and VICE.

Any ideas? If anyone has a disk image of a totally fresh, empty shop, working temples character disk, I'd love to just trade out. I haven't been able to find any character disks on my own besides this one and the one the Adventurer's Guild has, with the 31-everything characters and a town that mysteriously gives out Mithril Swords in battles on the city streets.

I can pass out the problem disk image if that's allowed, so you can take a look at it.