Hunters

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight
Saxon1974

Hunters

Post by Saxon1974 »

Do Hunters ever get multiple attacks or just the critical hit ability?

I have a party of around level 8 and my Hunter is by far weakest on attack when he doesn't critical hit. Will he get better later?

My Monk and Warriors hit twice for like 30 hp's and my Hunter hits once for like 10 at best. (Using comparable weapons).
Brian the Fist
Site Admin

Post by Brian the Fist »

I'm not sure but I do not think that he ever gets multiple attacks. However, the critical hit ability will improve drastically while advancing in level.
The sudden scream of battle brings your party to a halt....
....will your stalwart band choose to fight or run?
Saxon1974

Post by Saxon1974 »

Im at level 10 and he is still by far my worst fighter....He doesn't seem to be able to open traps on chests either.

I wish I would have chose Paladin or Dwarven Fighter.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

The critical hit percentage increases with level.

Of course, they have to HIT the monster (or party member as the case may be) for them to be of any use...
Ether

Re: Hunters

Post by Ether »

Saxon1974 wrote:Do Hunters ever get multiple attacks or just the critical hit ability?

I have a party of around level 8 and my Hunter is by far weakest on attack when he doesn't critical hit. Will he get better later?

My Monk and Warriors hit twice for like 30 hp's and my Hunter hits once for like 10 at best. (Using comparable weapons).
Critical hit only, unless some spell allows multiple attacks (can't remember if there is one in BT2).

Your Hunter will be far and away your best fighter should you carry him over to Bard's Tale 3.
tpth

Post by tpth »

Yeah, once their critical hit percentage gets high enough they are serious propositions. It doesn't matter how many times they hit the enemy, because they only need to hit once.
deaneus

Re: Hunters

Post by deaneus »

Saxon1974 wrote:Do Hunters ever get multiple attacks or just the critical hit ability?
They don't get multiple attacks per se, but... when walking around, have your Bard play the Rhyme of Duotime, it will give your Hunter an extra hit during combat. Then, during combat, if your Bard again plays the Rhyme of Duotime, your Hunter will get another attack - three in total. Presumably there's a check for critical hit on each attack.
Bards Tale, Pool Of Radiance, that's what gaming is