C64 / Apple II Disk Images [BT I]

Any developer realated stuff
Darendor

C64 / Apple II Disk Images [BT I]

Post by Darendor »

I'm thinking that the current disk images of the BT games for the C64 and Apple II are already cracked versions.

As some of us are trying to disassemble the games from the originals, it might be nice if we found uncracked disk images to work from. :?

So...

I'm going to post links of disk images I find on the Internet and we can collectively investigate whether the images are "cracked" or "pure".
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Last edited by Darendor on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantum Reality

Post by Quantum Reality »

The Apple 2 disk image linked is cracked by the release group I mentioned.

Once upon a time many moons ago I had the original disks. Woe is me for not knowing how to deprotect/copy them without putting my own silly little release group's hi-res screen into the bootup stage.

Also not all releases contain the second side of the dungeon disk; I found one that did, but I don't know if it becomes critical at some point to use side 2 of that disk.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Well...I can't seem to find very many Apple II images. :?
Twoflower

Post by Twoflower »

Just a note on the C-64 versions of BT1:

* I have all three different original C-64 versions of BT1. They are stored as nibbled .G64 files. Let me know if you need them.
* Most - if not all - the D64 versions of BT1 are cracked. Side A of BT1 is copyprotected (as I have mentioned elsewhere). A standard D64-image can't contain the copyprotected data.
* All cracked versions only have A-sides that differs. No cracker have changed the in-game loader in any way. No cracker have compacted or changed the actual gamefiles.

And yes, i've looked through all the BT1 cracks in existance. :-)
/Twoflower