Apple II Dungeon Mapper -> C64 Dungeon Mapper

Any developer realated stuff
Darendor

Apple II Dungeon Mapper -> C64 Dungeon Mapper

Post by Darendor »

I'm going to try to port the Apple II Dungeon Mapper that Quantum Reality found to the C64.

Link: http://victa.jamtronix.com/display/page/1664

I'll need help with this project. :?
Quantum Reality

Post by Quantum Reality »

First thing for me to do for you is to LIST the program into ASCII-readable format so you can punch it in under C64 BASIC. My Apple ][ emulator lets me cut/paste text into the emulator which drastically simplifies Applesoft editing ;)

So I'll get that for you today.
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Fantabulous.
Quantum Reality

Ok, done. I've put it in an encrypted ZIP file because while there's a provision in US copyright law that permits the limited archival and dissemination of out-of-date software, I'd prefer that Google didn't pick this one up anyway (and I've no idea about Canadian provisions).

Grab it here. I'll kill this link after approx 1 week.

Password available upon request. :)
Quantum Reality

A few notes:

1. You will need those specialized hi-res routines from COMPUTE! magazine since HPLOT commands in Applesoft are specific to its ability to handle high resolution graphics (for a 280x192 screen).

2. You will need to replace the CALLs to the track/sector reader by some other method of loading dungeon files in the C64.

3. You will need to cross-reference the hard-coded DATA statements that incicate for what byte value a partcular wall-pattern means to your program.