C64 strange bug with Brilhasti and not getting exp boost

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale III: The Thief of Fate
Presbyter

C64 strange bug with Brilhasti and not getting exp boost

Post by Presbyter »

Hello everybody,

I recently reactivated my C64 to have some fun with BT3.
I downloaded the .d64 and transferred them to my 1541 to have a clean start (even so I own the original game).

- So I boot up the game and say "yes" to load saved game.
- I'm in front of the refugee camp and off to skara brae to the storage room and thereafter say "hello" to the old man who informs me about Brilhasti
- I head to the monk and use "chaos" to get to dungeon level 3 and get a monster to join to help me level up in town
- Back in town I re-visit the "review board" and the old man immediatelly starts to send me to Arboria without even kill Brilhasti ??!!

So last time I somehow missed that, now if I go through with all the grinding and actually kill Brilhasti I don't get the experience boost for killing him.

What am I doing wrong?

Does maybe someone have a character.d64 with a save after Brilhasti and ready for Arboria?

Thanks for your time,
Presbyter
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

I never encountered this specific bug when I played.

However, I'm aware that there's a bug of sorts when visiting the Old Man with a monster NPC in the party. It could be coupled with the fact that you loaded someone else's save game....
Presbyter

Post by Presbyter »

Yeah guess so. Re-played without a monster NPC - worked.
Adderly

Re: C64 strange bug with Brilhasti and not getting exp boost

Post by Adderly »

I can confirm this bug.

I'm playing a new game since a week ago, started with level 1 charachters. Visited catacombs, i was level 4 this time. I found a Giant Fgn and summoned a Frost Giant to join my party.

At the review board i saved my game, entered. The old man told me to go to Arboria. I never visited the Unterbrae levels or killed Brilhasti!
If i load my savegame and drop the Frost Giant from the party, enter the review board, the old man says i have to kill Brilhasti like it is ment to be.

Bug is triggered with the summoned character. I am at level 8 chars now, seems i have to revert to my old safegame with level 4 chars to avoid the bug.