Mangar Tower

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
Ninesun Orcus

Mangar Tower

Post by Ninesun Orcus »

May I ask yours how to come to Mangar Tower lv 5?

I just go to Mangar Tower lv. 4 at 0 north 0 east and find a hole at the ceiling, but the game haven't any message for teleport or climbing, how can I go to lv 5 of Mangar Tower ?

(I m playing at MS Dos version and haven't a command "E" for climbing up ...)
Chaney

Mangar

Post by Chaney »

It has been a long time, but try a levitation spell. Why don't you have an E?
When in doubt, kick your neighbors dog!
Ninesun Orcus

Post by Ninesun Orcus »

Hello Chaney, Thank You for your reply ~_~

I had already cast MALE (MAJOR LEVITATION) and press "E" button and also no effect ....

Did I miss some step on my adventage in Mangar Tower ?

The following step is my procedure which I played in Mangar Tower:

1. Enter Manger Tower
2. Cast APAR(Teleport) to +4N, +10E, +2level to the Magic mouth room on lv 3
3. Enter "LIE" "WITH" "PASSION" "AND" "BE" "FOREVER" "DAMBNED" for open the stair to lv4
4. Goto 9N, 3E to going up 4 level
5. Single direction to go to 20N, 3E to change all wall to door, all door to wall
6. Teleport back to 14N, 12E and run to 0N, 0E at this level
7. Nothing happen !!

In MS-Dos version, it does not need press "E" for lv up and "D" to lv down in a dungen, it will automatic have a message to ask you for taking up or down in the dungeon. On the other hand, I also tried cast SOSI (SORCERER SIGHT) spell for telling all special condition about the dungeon when u faced to. But when I faced to the hole at the ceiling--"0N, 0E"-- the portal of level 5, it also haven't any message to tell me that there have something special. Did I missing some important step to spwan out the portal ?
Dr. Stupid

Uh...No Really...

Post by Dr. Stupid »

Hello, Gents.

Uh, I've actually got a mac emulator up and running and was wickedly giddy at the sight of the BT and BT2 title screens on my monitor. My only problem, I can figure out how to make a character disk for the emulator. I know that this is a shot in the dark, throwing questions on a PC forum, but you are the guys around at the moment.

Thanks
Dr. S
Chaney

Mangar Level 5

Post by Chaney »

Hello again.
I looked over some old documents and there was one version where you had to press A to go up a portal. You said that in MS-Dos version you don't need to do E for up. I know on my MS-Dos version, I still need to use E to ascend. Are you running some sort of Apple emulator? Well, good luck and let me know if it works. C
Chaney

mac emulator

Post by Chaney »

I have never used the apple emulator, but here is a link that looks quite useful. http://people.stdnet.com/jonathan/default.php
Look in the gaming folder, then the apple 2 folder.
Good luck, C