My Destiny Knight adventures

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight
Saxon1974

My Destiny Knight adventures

Post by Saxon1974 »

Hi all, Just started playing this great game a few days ago. I played it as a kid years ago, but I don't remember how far I made it.

I do remember it as one of my most fond summertime memories, I think I spent an entire summer playing this game in my bedroom.

Anyway, I just thought I would share a little about my group and my progress so far and my impressions in case anyone else is playing the game currently.

I created the following party:

Human Paladin
Dwarf Warrior
Half Elf Bard
Hobbit Rogue
Gnome Magician
Elf Conjurer

Only weaknesses with the Human and Dwarf is they dont get very good dexterity, I think 15 is their cap and higher values really help in combat.

I have never been a fan of monks since they dont use weapons, nor hunters\ninjas since they dont seem right in a fantasy game.

I finished the starter dungeon and am currently at level 2 in the Tombs.

I do think Magic is way overpowered in this game, your fighters are basically just punching bags, and my rogue can't ever seem to find traps either....Im guessing I need to boost his luck skill?

Anyways, here are a couple of screens from my adventures....

Walking around outside town.

I find a strange hut out in the wilderness.

A sage lives within...

Horpner

Post by Horpner »

Rogues are nothing but a slot-holder in BT1 and BT2. If you're going to use one, he ought to at least live on the front lines. It's possibly worth lugging one around with you if you intend to transfer him into BTIII, but otherwise I think it's a waste of effort.

My BT2 party just bungled the first Puzzle Snare, and after resurrections all around, are hanging around at the tavern, trying to get the local girls interested in examining their "battle scars."
Death and drek? WTF?