It sure is quiet here..

Anything you like and probably not related to Bard's Tale
Ankie

It sure is quiet here..

Post by Ankie »

Where is everybody?

Online Christmas shopping? Or lurking about the catacombs? Or like Darendor are you all tied up trying to teach catering to cats...

I'm off into the dungeons with me Wind Dragon unless somebody pops along to entertain me soon. Hobbit burning, or waiting for you guys to wake up?

Hmm, let me toss a gold coin, yup, the hobbit massacre won. :twisted:
toper

Post by toper »

I've been switching from the DOS game to the ][GS Game. Just trying to get my front line characters trained up with the Ateam until they can stand on their own, then I'll bring up the magic users.

Also taking a couple notes because there are a couple differences with the GS Game.

Starting stats for the Dwarf for example

DOS:
ST: 12 - 18
IQ: 6 - 13
DX: 7 - 14
CN 10 - 17
LK 3 - 10

GS Version:
ST 13 -18
IQ 8 - 14
DX 8 - 15
CN 11 - 18
LK 4 - 11
HP 14 - 29

Plus the Apple version give new characters *A LOT* more gold to start with.
Ankie

Post by Ankie »

What is the GS game?
toper

Post by toper »

Ankie wrote:What is the GS game?
The Apple ][ GS version... Compared to the DOS version, it has better graphics, and *MUCH* MUCH better sound (Midi instead of beeps from the pc speaker)

You can find all the different versions here.

MS-DOS vs GS versions of Bards Tale I
Ankie

Post by Ankie »

Ah, I see.. I am just playing on me Hudl.

The original trio of games came bundled free if you downloaded the 'app' for the new fandangled game. I haven't looked at the new fandangled yet, don't suppose it will appeal to me much. Kinda' like buying a box of cornflakes for the free plastic toy.. you don't much like cornflakes, but hey, this is the best free plastic toy in the wooorld.

As it happens, graphics wise at least my Mad Dog looks freshly groomed like your one on the right as opposed to 'dragged through a hedge with some bad red hair dye' Mad Dog on yer left.. I guess this means I have GS version?

Unsurprisingly I don't recall how well groomed them Mad Dog's were back in the day on me old Commodore but I never forgot the way to Garth's, or that Inn down south where I get's me wine.. :wink:
tpth

Post by tpth »

I'm here, lurking!
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

I've been somewhat busy dealing with my car, which may or may not have a ruined engine now.

Working, trying not to freeze to death now that it's December, etc. It was like Skara Brae outside for the past few days.
Ankie

Post by Ankie »

Time to send the cats off to college to learn mechanics Darendor.. :lol:

Hope you is feeling warmer soon.. :D

P.s. nice to meet you Mr. Lurking
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Gonna play the mod card and move this to Off Topic, since it's not really discussing BT.
Ankie

Post by Ankie »

Aye, it was off topic and I apologise for posting in the wrong place, best get back to me hobbit burning. Anne x
Darendor

Post by Darendor »

Apologies are unnecessary. Just noticed that it had almost no BT topic and moved it to the OT forum.

Just an aside to the topic at hand, this is a low traffic forum. People not posting for weeks at a time is perfectly normal here.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Ankie wrote:Unsurprisingly I don't recall how well groomed them Mad Dog's were back in the day on me old Commodore but I never forgot the way to Garth's, or that Inn down south where I get's me wine.. :wink:
Something like lego mixed with clay :wink:
Vyv... have we got a video?
toper

Post by toper »

Ben wrote: Something like lego mixed with clay :wink:
ROFL! Actually though... that could be an interesting comparison, have mad dogs from all the games posted... Don't think I've seen one from C64 or Nintendo, and its been years since I played with Apple 2e.
toper

Post by toper »

MadDog from AppleIIe

and in all the different video modes of LinApple:

And the dogs in the Nintendo version