Mangar Level 4 - Cannot move up to Level 5?? Bug Maybe??

Discussions and help for Bard's Tale I: Tales of the Unknown
hector12

Mangar Level 4 - Cannot move up to Level 5?? Bug Maybe??

Post by hector12 »

Hi! Working on a bucket list item.....

Party is very powerful, done everything in level 4 - killed every existing creature I could find.

Standing under the portal in the SE Corner - Can see it in the Ceiling. Turned all the walls to doors, etc etc

I have the onyx key, master key, all Silver shapes...

Game will NOT let me go up to 5 to finish off Mangar!!

Any bug fix / anything at all I can do?? Please Advise!
tpth

Post by tpth »

Hey there, just a stab in the dark, but if you can see it, that means you might be on the square in front of it, rather than under it? Try moving forward and then going up?

Also, you do have a Levitation spell active, yeah?
Crarch

Post by Crarch »

Hello all. I've found the exact same problem, which having spent the best part of 25 years getting to this point is rather depressing. Was thwarted many years ago by my C64 tape refusing to load up the Mad Gods dungeon and now this....

Playing version on Android, I have all the items/done everything, have cast MALE and can see the portal. Repeatedly walk under it and nothing happens.

Any ideas or is some flaw with the android version? Really appreciate any help/suggestions as finishing this has been a long held ambition.
Crarch

Post by Crarch »

Hah, just ignore me. Side effect of having read the original manual but not having the command summary card. Could have sworn that previously I levitated automatically through portals, only to find here I just press E.
Ankie

Post by Ankie »

Wow, you has gone much further than I have, but thanks for the tip Crarch, will remember that when I get there, took me ages to suss that I had to K the dungeon doors, it is always the little things that foil us. 8)